Haste’s Place

Haste – 80s Mix Part 3: Big Trouble With Little Vinyl

It only took me just over 7 years but here’s the third instalment of my silly little 80s mix series. There should be plenty of classic tunes that you know on here and perhaps a couple that you might not have heard before, or at least for a very long time. All of it is, of course, totally 80s and made for dancing around your living room to with your pals.

All recorded from vinyl, no CDs or mp3s anywhere to be seen here. Strictly 7″ selection. If you like the mix, spread the word.

Download link after the track list. Not to be taken seriously, just for shits & giggles. Let the fun commence…

1. A-Ha – The Sun Always Shines On TV

12. Stan Bush – The Touch

13. John Parr – Restless Heart

14. The Cult – She Sells Sanctuary

15. Prince – I Would Die 4 U

16. Talk Talk – Talk Talk

17. Madonna – Dress You Up

18. The Pointer Sisters – Jump (For My Love)

19. Bronski Beat – Smalltown Boy

20. Ultravox – Dancing With Tears In My Eyes

21. Starship – We Built This City

22. Billy Idol – White Wedding

23. A Flock Of Seagulls – I Ran (So Far Away)

24. Bryan Adams – Summer Of ’69

25. Roxy Music – Same Old Scene

26. Siouxsie And The Banshees – Cities In Dust

27. Animotion – Obsession

28. The Breakfast Club – Right On Track

29. Johnny Hates Jazz – Shattered Dreams

30. Eurythmics – Love Is A Stranger

31. The Jets – Crush On You

32. Shannon – Let The Music Play

33. Technotronic – Pump Up The Jam

34. Black Box – Ride On Time

35. Def Leppard – Photograph

36. Whitney Houston – How Will I Know?

37. Kim Wilde – You Came

38. ABC – The Look Of Love

39. The Human League – Love Action (I Believe In Love)

40. Steve Winwood – Valerie

41. Michael McDonald – Sweet Freedom

42. Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes – (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life

» DOWNLOAD

You can get the old mixes here…

Haste – 80s Mix Part 2: Lethal Weapon

Haste – 80s Mix Part 1 (this one is a bit crap compared to what came later!)

1. Simon Morford Says:

October 7th, 2011 at 18:23

Brilliant! Many thanks for this!

2. Mark Holmes Says:

February 14th, 2012 at 13:55

Tom,

This is awesome, listened to it several times already, impressive that it’s all recorded from vinyl.

I’m looking forward to Part 4, hopefully it won’t be in seven years time!

Many thanks,

Mark

3. Tom Says:

February 14th, 2012 at 14:01

Already pulled out a bunch of tunes for the fourth one. Definitely won’t be seven years till it’s done!

Cheers for the comment, great to hear you liked it!

4. Allan Slavens Says:

April 3rd, 2012 at 03:29

Tom,

How did I miss this mix, Ive been waiting forever, guess I need to stay on DOA more often or check your website more often. Wicked mix as usual! Hope all is well in your world.

Allan

5. Johnny Says:

April 6th, 2012 at 08:07

Loving these mixes, thanks for the downloads. So what about a Haste 90′s Mix!?

6. Tom Says:

April 9th, 2012 at 15:18

@Johnny Yeah, I’m actually going to be doing a 90s one some time soon. I’ve been getting a few tunes ready for it…should be fun!

7. Tom Says:

April 9th, 2012 at 15:18

@Allan thanks, man! There’ll be another one at some point so keep your eyes peeled!

8. jish-wa Says:

February 5th, 2013 at 03:18

wow i downloaded the originals back in 2004, and played one of them again on sunday listening in the sun. Inspired me to come back to Haste’s Place, and look what I find!!!
    cheers

9. Nik Says:

February 27th, 2013 at 10:39

Never knew there was a third installment, downloaded first two years ago and listened to them regular. Despite wot ya say in the intro, Ive always really liked the first one, the slightly dubious mixing at times just adds to the charm if anything.

Any news on the 90`s one?

Great mixes

Nice1

10. Tom Says:

February 27th, 2013 at 11:27

Ah, I guess the first one’s not too bad. I just prefer the later ones!

I’ve made a few plans for the 90s one but nothing concrete yet. It’ll probably take a little while to put together but, rest assured, it’ll be full of killer tunes. I’m gonna try and put a few more obscure things in there as well so should be fun.

11. Mark Says:

October 4th, 2013 at 17:43

Tom,

Hope you are keeping well, how’s part 4 & the 90′s mix coming along? ;)

Best,

Mark

12. Tom Says:

October 7th, 2013 at 20:50

Hey Mark, that reminds me that I need to properly start planning the 90s one. I’m going to make a start on it soon, got lots of wicked tunes lined up for it :-)

80s Part 4 is likely to be a while off!

Warning: simplexml_load_file(http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/1.0/user/mrhaste/recenttracks.rss) [function.simplexml-load-file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /homepages/27/d227317125/htdocs/mrhaste2/blog/wp-content/themes/starkers/footer.php on line 64

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/1.0/user/mrhaste/recenttracks.rss" in /homepages/27/d227317125/htdocs/mrhaste2/blog/wp-content/themes/starkers/footer.php on line 64