Video dissection (Part 1): Ratt
June 17th, 2009 by Haste
I love old crappy music videos. In fact, crappy’s not the word. These vids are great just, at times, a little misguided, at others baffling and often reveal things about the artists that I’m surprised people didn’t pick up on when they first came out.
First up in what I hope will be a regular series of posts if I can find the time to do them is a little dissection of some of my favs
Ratt – Round & Round
There’s not much I can say about this one, it’s amazing. An absolutely top tune with a video to match. Don’t really know what’s going on but it invovles a load of people dressed up having some dinner and Ratt looking totally awesome in a loft.
- 0:30 – Early high kicking action (there’s much more to come)
- 1:05 – Status Quo style syncopation needs slightly more practice from the axemen
- 2:09 – high kick straight into weird axe formation which looks like a big bunch of wobbling perms. Class
- 2:23 – They’re acting like this was a bad thing to have happened. Metal guitarist falling through the ceiling at my dinner party would make the night
You should probably watch this one in high quality on YouTube, it’s worth it
Ratt – Lay It Down
Another Ratt video, another party. Awesome song and a little beyond generic vid. I’m pretty sure that this tune came out on a wicked rat shaped 7″ picture disc which, sadly, I have yet to win on eBay.
- 0:42 – I’m guessing this is what God would look like with a perm?
- 0:58 – I don’t care what anyone says – that look is damn HOT!
- 1:40 – This just creeps me out a little
- 2:50 – When drummers attack
Ratt – Back For More
Not as great a tune but the vid makes up for it. Big stuff
- 1:02 – How could any woman resist this? Playa for real
- 2:00 – Man from Del Monte gets shown up by ugly, skinny rockers. Love it
- 3:31 – Least convincing bike stunt ever. Spare no expense, lads